Monday 21 November 2011

Restaurant - Italy - Gelati

One summer we traveled through Italy for a month of a three month vacation.  We were traveling on a budget that was so tight that our lunches were often gelati.  We could have a restaurant lunch or dinner, but rarely both.  We discovered that they were adequately nutritious and very inexpensive.  If you have been to Italy, I don't need to tell you how wonderful Italian ice creams and sorbets are.  That smooth melt in you mouth intense flavor is hard to forget.  Gelati doesn't contain as much air as American ice cream.  It is more dense and more smooth tasting.  In Italy it is common to have as many as three flavors in a single small cup.  

1 comment:

  1. Hello, My name is Nick. I would like to offer you couple of my articles to post on your travel blog - http://travelpleasure.blogspot.com
    All articles are unique (you can see for yourself) with 1 link.
    Of course i am not trying to do it for free. So please send me your price details, so we can discuss them!
    I will be waiting for your reply.
    Thank You.

    ReplyDelete